Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature Request: Inclusion of local folders in searches

by Guest on 2018/04/27 03:20:59 AM    
once upon a time there used to be a p2p client called audiognome, which had one of the most brilliant features i have ever seen in any filesharing program: to include local folders (which could be selected in a similar way as when choosing folders for sharing) when making a search. i.e. the program would list results both from users and from those selected local folders in the same result list. this would make it so easy to compare files already downloaded and those available online. of course, for this to work in an excellent way, fopnu also would need to be able to list some information about the files, like for example the library of the last released version of winmx does. however, just to include local folders in searches even as things are at the moment would already be a great enhancement, in my humble view.
by Guest on 2018/04/27 05:04:36 PM    
ones own shared folders/files are being listed when making searches, which is already very useful in the sense suggested above.
by Guest on 2018/05/18 04:12:07 PM    
having played around with the library a little i noticed the result of this requested feature can be achieved by including desired folders in the library, however, unchecking "public", i.e. not sharing them. it seems that by including folders in this way their contents are regarded when making searches (have not yet checked while browsing peoples' shares, but i guess so).
by Guest on 2018/05/21 09:07:36 AM    
I don't see any of my own files when i do searches, i don.t know why or if people are seeing them.
by Guest on 2018/05/23 03:16:33 PM    
> their contents are regarded when making searches (have not yet checked while browsing peoples' shares, but i guess so).

they indeed are...

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server