Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Lots of files in download queue slow down all downloads/uploads

by Guest on 2018/04/27 09:02:32 PM    
In Fopnu 1.28 if the download queue contains lots of files, even if they are stopped, then all downloads and uploads go very slowly, and if the download queue is cleaned up leaving only a few files then the active downloads and uploads go fast. Can this be fixed in some next version so that we can add as many stopped files as we want in our download queues without them affecting our download and upload speed?
by Guest on 2018/04/28 03:22:42 AM    
what OS?

how many files is 'lots of files'? 100s? 1000s?
by Guest on 2018/04/28 10:38:22 AM    
The OS is Windows 10 64bit Enterprise but I also tested this on GNU/Linux 64bit and had the same problem. Lots of files meant 1000s, adding about 14,000 files in my download queue and having most of them stopped caused all active downloads and uploads to go terribly slowly, and cleaning up the download queue immediately caused the active downloads/uploads to go much faster. I tested again (only on Windows this time) by adding about 9,000 files and it had the same problem.
by Guest on 2018/05/11 01:07:17 AM    
It seems to happen with as low as 300-400 downloads too.
by Guest on 2018/08/16 11:13:41 AM    
Also, thousands of files in the download list make fopnu use lots of memory. I thought my high mem usage was because of sharing a lot of files but I only see that memory usage when I add a lot to my download queue.
by BugMagnet on 2023/03/19 04:16:24 PM    
I might be wrong as I never paid much attention to this and seldom DL, mainly UL.

But I just noticed that when I loaded a series that consisted of 6 files from the only seed available, only 1 went to active DL. The rest went to standby.

It appears that this is now a built-in default. Is that correct? [update: No, not correct. I just noticed that 2 of the 6 files from the same seed are active. So I have no clue how the standby queue functions!}

Would User settings for both UL and DL slots, global/file/peer be useful or abusable?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server