Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Self-browse fails - feature or bug?

by BugMagnet on 2018/08/04 04:34:48 AM    
I can't browse my fopnu clients from itself. Client A can browse client B and vice-versa. But A can't browse A and B can't browse B.

It returns "remote timed out"

On Tixati I can browse myself, but not on fopnu. I don't know if this is an intentional design change, unfinished business or a bug.

I thought I saw a discussion of this before, but can't find it on this forum. Perhaps it was online in a channel.
by Guest on 2018/08/04 01:20:55 PM    
self browsing works well with me. not only that, but also when i browse myself from the main contact list i am shown only the folders i marked as public, when i browse myself from the users list of a room i am then also additionally shown shares that i have attached to the room only (i.e. which are not public).
by BugMagnet on 2018/08/05 05:51:24 AM    
My initial post was wrong.

From A, I can browse both A and B

From B, I can browse A but not B

All I get is:

Loading folder contents...
Searching for peer location...
remote timed out

Not sure this is relevant...but my client does not show itself as online on the contact list, so i can't browse from there.
by Guest on 2018/08/05 08:46:18 AM    
Self-browsing does not work for me, on 1.29. It worked in an old version (a very old one).
by BugMagnet on 2018/08/06 07:24:50 PM    
I have fopnu running on 2 win 7 platforms, at different locations. One can self browse, the other cannot.

From the one that doesn't self-browse, People can download from me and I can upload to others. I disabled firewall to test. still no self-browse.

As I tested further, I noticed an anomaly. When I changed the firewall level in my dsl router, from low to high, the upload activity seemed to increase. I would have expected it to decrease if it was blocking somehow. I was running tixati also at the time. Might it be possible that switching level from low to high blocked tixati and made UL BW more available to fopnu?  more testing...

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server