Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Why isn't fopnu released under a Free licence?

by Guest on 2020/04/29 12:05:15 AM    
Freedom 0  - Freedom to use the software in any way you want, is not supported by fopnu. Why isn't fopnu released under the AGPL, for example, or some other licence which respects the Free Software Foundation's 4 Freedoms?
by Guest on 2020/04/29 02:36:28 AM    
It could be because this is not an open src project nor has it ever suggested it was.

I am sure the developer has not created this software, protocol & network for others to copy from / exploit, perhaps if folks have so much time and "1337" coding skills they have the time to create their own network ?

Before putting forward the tired argument about "others willing to help" etc lets see some of those developers, I havent seen any genuine devs arrive here to even give the software an external once over let alone discuss any technical improvements.
by Guest on 2020/08/12 11:38:42 AM    
I might be able to hazard a guess.

If the info I've gathered is correct... WinMX was another program created by the dev(s). They stopped working on it in 2005, but it was resurrected by community members. In 2011 it was all but taken out by network attacks from a single hacker.
In 2009 Tixati was released, and afterwards Fopnu. Maybe the dev(s) are worried about something similar happening if they share the code?

Or I could be completely wrong.

Cheers~

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server