Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Flushing library from RAM to HDD

by chrsmrrtt on 2021/11/03 09:57:07 AM    
Hello,

The new feature of the library hashes being stored on the HDD rather than RAM has piqued my interest in Fopnu once more. I've quite a substantial library (nearly 3TB over 241,000+ files) and my RAM usage was over 3.1GB.

I've downloaded and installed v1.56, but I've not seen as substantial a drop in RAM usage as I was expecting; down to 2.6GB.

I see the library hash files that have been produced in the Roaming folder, although only 193,000 of them (somewhat short of the 241,000 I was expecting), and as a result I was expecting the RAM usage to drop hugely.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there another step I need to take? Do I need to wait longer? The 193,000 hash file count seems to have stopped after slowly creeping up after first upgrading.

Thanks,
Chris
by russelgarner on 2022/03/26 11:54:44 PM    
Using a hard drive is really a great solution for those who are worried about saving their information.
by russelgarner on 2022/03/31 05:58:33 AM    
Using a hard drive is really a great solution for those who are worried about saving their information. Another plus of the hard drive is its capacity. Despite the fact that solid-state drives are gradually improving, they still cannot compete with their predecessors on magnetic disks in terms of volume. Today, SSDs can hold only up to five terabytes of data, while HDD memory reaches up to 15 terabytes. In case your hard drive is damaged, you can always contact the service that deals with DATA RECOVERY.
by Holpos on 2022/04/21 04:42:35 PM    
Using a hard drive is really a great solution for those who are worried about saving their information. Another plus of the hard drive is its capacity. Despite the fact that solid-state drives are gradually improving, they still cannot compete with their predecessors on magnetic disks in terms of volume.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server