Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

a sample Fopnu download request

by loninappleton on 2024/05/23 11:19:57 PM    
I have been on Tixati as a member for a long time.  How can I get a sample Fopnu download with no friends or family with whom to network if that is how it is set up?

I have no idea what to do after getting the program installed.  My OS is (still) Win7.
by Guest on 2024/05/24 03:33:20 AM    
just connect to the network and once you get the green light, start searching.
connecting to the network, connects you to everyone on the network.
by loninappleton on 2024/05/24 09:21:32 AM    
Thanks for answering.  I'll try it out.
BTW If I have something to share how is it presented?  Special filer or...?
by loninappleton on 2024/05/24 09:34:03 AM    
I let my network build up to 100% in FOPNU and it shows connected.  Lots of activity showing but I don't know what the various fields are doing since I only just added one item.

That folder is something from my shares elsewhere which is a play from DVD.  I had also made a custom subtitle for it. So that is in the is in its own folder in 'Library'  -  6 elements (files) altogether.

I'll leave it on overnight if anyone can see it.  my user name is strill loninappleton

What opens the other Fopnu network nodes?  I still don't know which tab or other does it.  See ypu tomorrow....
by Guest on 2024/05/24 06:39:40 PM    
I experimented with opening the right sidebar by the persons icon.  My handle appeared in that but I saw no others
in it.

Yes I see the Search button.  Is there a way to see shares which I would not actively request-- things I don't know about?  That seems needed.

I will try a phrase from a popular program and see what happens.

 The network is running, I select the top Search button-- another search box appears.  But I'm not able to enter anything in the new search box.  This should be easily solved but, how to say, not intuitive.
by Guest on 2024/05/24 06:49:19 PM    
Success I found the Search field but on the Dark screen setup could see no indication of a prompt.  so things atarted to happen but I have tried no downloads yet.  I'll see if I can switch on a light mode of screen display.
by Guest on 2024/05/26 02:01:22 AM    
Light mode on the screen helped.  I still wonder if there's an 'announce' feature or something to indicate new d/ls available... things I do not know about rather than searches I make.
by Guest on 2024/05/26 09:08:52 AM    
some channels that you can join post new/interesting files to download.
join some channels.
by loninappleton on 2024/05/27 02:29:40 AM    
Join channels.  There was one user I recall that joined me (in the righthand panel.  I think I can go back and find them and join back ?  Just what is the join procedure?  (taking a quick look at the program...)

So Channel > Add  (rather than 'join.')  That's all I see on the main screen.  I'll experiment a bit.  I see the support page.  That seems well laid out.
by loninappleton on 2024/05/27 03:01:17 AM    
I tried a few searches.  It's good to see some things I have shared over time have made it on to the fopnu system.
But I definitely need help with wildcard searches to shorten up the lists.

And I added a contact for the location (user) that has my older shares going and made a message.  How are replies indicated?
by Guest on 2024/05/27 09:39:11 AM    
on channels tab press add button and select gather.
once that finishes the channels tab should display various channels you can join
select one (such as testing or liberated library or fopnuUserGroup) and press start button.
you can join as many as you like.
now, ask questions in the room.
by loninappleton on 2024/05/27 07:28:58 PM    
ok.  thanks for the help.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server